Dr Stephen C. Brewer
- Optimal Wellness
- Integrative Medicine
- Cognitive Vitality
- Preventative Medicine
- Men’s Health
Dr Stephen C. Brewer
Stephen C. Brewer, MD, ABFP is the Medical Director at Canyon Ranch Health Resorts in Tucson, Arizona. He is the coauthor of the book, The Everest Principle – How to Achieve the Summit of Your Life. He was an associate fellow in the Integrative Medicine Program at the University of Arizona where he studied under the direction of Dr. Andrew Weil. He trained in acupuncture at UCLA and is certified in medical acupuncture and guided imagery. He received his medical degree from the Medical College of Ohio, completed his residency in Family Medicine at Riverside Methodist Hospital and is board certified in Family Medicine. He has been practicing medicine for nearly 30 years. Dr. Brewer started his medical career as a country doctor then later became an assistant director of a family medicine residency. He was the first medical director of Integrative medicine at the Trihealth Hospital system in Cincinnati Ohio. He currently is an assistant clinical professor at the University of Arizona. His areas of special expertise include family medicine, medical acupuncture, fibromyalgia, preventative medicine, sports medicine, optimal wellness and peak performance.
Dr. Brewer has nearly 30 years of clinical medical experience that includes, Integrative Medicine, Preventative Medicine, Family Medicine and Acupuncture. He has written and co-authored the book, The Everest Principle, How to Achieve the Summit of Your Life.
- Discussion on ways everyone can improve and take themselves to a higher state of wellness, based on Dr. Brewer’s coauthored book, The Everest Principle-How to Achieve the Summit of Your Life
- Using elite athletes as examples to teach us how to be peak performers in our health, our family, community or potential athletic endeavors
- He discusses his 5 step approach to optimal health and wellness
- Definition of it
- Its role in the future of medicine
- Shows how this form of medicine is the bridge between traditional and alternative therapies
- Discussion on why it is important for every patient to have access to Integrative Medicine for improvement in their potential ailment and ways to prevent future disease states
- Discussion of causes of Reversible and non Reversible Dementias
- Potential Prevention of Dementias
- Ways of improving memory
- Looking at the risk factors associated with the 3 major diseases; Heart Disease, Diabetes, and Cancer
- Mapping out ways to prevent these major disease states
- Can the lack of sex drive and fatigue be hormonally related? Myths and truths about hormone therapies for men
- Discussion of Prostate diseases such as prostatic enlargement and prostate cancer. A discussion of causes, risk factors, and treatments
- Dr. Brewer looks at other specific health needs of men
- It afflicts 7 to 13 % of the population worldwide
- Dr. Brewer discusses his 30 year battle as a physician in treating his patients with fibromyalgia
- He will relate the signs and symptoms of fibromyalgia and talk about his revolutionary treatment of this syndrome
- Dr. Brewer discusses simple practical ways of defying aging
- He reviews what different longevity centers are doing and how effective they are at improving longevity
- Do hormones increase or decrease longevity?
- What studies have been done on longevity?